The Art of Royal Rajasthani Cuisine
Learn to cook authentic Indian food with Manjul Kumari one of the owners of the beautiful Mandawa Haveli.
The essence of good Indian cooking revolves around the appropriate use of aromatic spices. The skill lies in the subtle blending of a variety of spices to enhance rather than overwhelm the basic flavour of a dish. So inspired are we by its qualities that spice has come to define the essence of that which enhances our experience of living – the phrase ‘Spice of life,’ is familiar. Besides its savory merits, spices are believed to have medicinal, aphrodisiac and sometimes even magical properties!
Each Royal Family from Rajasthan has its own adaptation of the regional cuisines and have created their own special recipes. Each class will give you an opportunity to not only learn an authentic Indian meal but also interact with Manjul and her family and learn about the spices and cooking traditions of India along with delightful insights into the culture and traditions of Rajasthan.
- Each cooking class takes a minimum of 2 hours during which time you will learn how to make three to four dishes including dessert.
- Meals can be either veg or non veg.
- Enjoy what you make for lunch or dinner depending on the time of your experience.
- You will receive printed recipes to take home.
For enquiries please contact the Hotel Reception!
- Bottled water
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Minimum of 2 adults per booking is required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking